This hourly rate investigator-client fee agreement is between, WATSON INVESTIGATIONS [ at all times WATSON'S ] is meant to represent Watson pty ltd abn 30 519011288] a Private Investigative agency registered in Australia and with offices at Canberra, Melbourne, Sydney and Brisbane, and ____________________________________, the client of [Address]. ________________________________________________
The general nature of the case is, _______________________________and the Client retains WATSON'S to attempt to perform investigative services in connection with Client’s case regardless of the disposition of this case.
1. The Client agrees to fully co-operate with WATSON'S and provide accurate information as a basis for this investigation. 2. WATSON'S is not responsible for results of inaccurate information or leads provided by Client. 3. Client understands that WATSON'S may withdraw from this Contract if Client should fail to pay all fees and costs set forth below. 4. Reports, video/photos will be provided within 10 days of a request by the Client, but may be with-held until full outstanding payment [ if any] is received. No report whether in writing email or verbal shall be given or offered to any third party whosoever, be they Police, Lawyers or Clients relatives. We will only deal with one nominated client, not a whole family or different board members, be it a business case.
FEES AND RETAINER
5. WATSON INVESTIGATIONS shall be compensated for all services rendered Client at the hourly rate of $__________ per hour and $___________ per km. We charge a minimum of 1/2 hour travel time to and from a local assignment location. 6. Client agrees to pay the sum of $ ________ _____as a retainer fee. WATSON'S will bill hourly or part thereof against the retainer fee. Client further agrees to pay for any other expenses incurred during the investigation and surveillance, including, but not limited to hotel bills, parking, travel expenses, disbursements, discreet fees paid for data gathering, renting vehicles and/or tracking devices, videotapes, use of drones, photos, etc. 7. If out of town investigations and surveillance travel is anticipated, a fee of $ 350.00 per diem [National] will be applied toward meal and accommodation costs and expenses incurred in the pursuit of this matter. 8. Once any investigative effort is initiated, in this case a minimum of $400.00 of the retainer will be with-held for clerical fees and disbursements such as dictation, typing, faxing, couriers or photocopying, should Client decide to end the investigation. Any other credit balance will be refunded to the Client upon written request. 9. Our charge for any one instance of work is 4 hours, i.e. once an investigator leaves the office he/she is to be charged at a minimum of 4 hours. 10. No assignment will commence without at least a ten hour retainer being deposited by EFT or cash to our Westpac or NAB Bank Accounts. That being at this time $850.00 plus 10% GST. We at no time allow our retainer to be held by a third party such as a solicitor or relative. All fees are final.
11. If WATSON'S or any agent of the firm is called to be a witness for a deposition, solicitors or barrister's conference or Court Attendance, the cost will be a minimum of $250.00 per attendance. If the Court appearance or deposition requires more than 4 hours’ time, the Client will be charged the hourly and mileage rate set forth above.
12. CLIENT AGREES THAT NO AGENT OF WATSON'S HAS MADE ANY PROMISE OR GUARANTEE REGARDING THE OUTCOME OF THEIR CASE OR FACTS GATHERED DURING THE INVESTIGATION PERFORMED BY WATSON AGENCY.
13. Client does hereby bind his/her heirs, executors and legal representatives to the terms of this contract as set forth herein.
Any dispute arising from this agreement shall only be adjudicated by a proper Australian Court of Law, and its findings will be obeyed by WATSON'S. However at no time will WATSON'S be subject to or attend any non-court hearings such as Fair Trading Tribunals or other administrative bodies, which we consider all to be kangaroo courts. We abide by the directions of properly constituted Courts presided over by Real Magistrates or Judges.
I the abovementioned client HAVE READ THIS CONTRACT AND AGREE TO ITS TERMS AND CONDITIONS.
CLIENT……………………………………… per Watson Investigations............................